Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Small World

I am not only a stalker, but I am also a party crasher. Two years ago my husband Pete, my daughter Adella, and I went on a picnic in Birkmose Park in Hudson, Wisconsin. We parked, and I noticed a couple sitting on a park bench kissing. For some reason I took a second look and realized that we had crashed an engagement!

Birkmose Park - Hudson, WI
Pete looked at me sternly and said, "NO." He knows me well. He knew what I was thinking. Every time I glanced over my shoulder during lunch, or our daughter ran past the young couple's park bench he said "DON'T EVEN THINK IT!" I couldn't let it go. I just knew that our paths had crossed for a reason. I finally talked Pete into letting me leave my card on their windshield, and I was trying to discreetly tiptoe over, when they spotted me and asked me to take a picture for them. Because I am shameless, I gave them my card and suggested they call.

They haven't signed on the dotted line yet..but I just have this feeling...
After all, we have almost the same view...just from the opposite side of the river...

So, M. and B., if you are reading this...don't you think this blog post needs one more picture? A picture of how it all started?

No comments: