Friday, October 1, 2010

Thank You

We played king of the mountain out on the end
The world come chargin' up the hill, and we were women and men
Now there's so much that time, time and memory fade away
We got our own roads to ride and chances we gotta take
We stood side by side each one fightin' for the other
We said until we died we'd always be blood brothers

Blood Brothers, Bruce Springsteen

The guys at the table with their backs to the camera? My homeboys, my peeps, my very best friends. The guys who grew up on my block of Carpenter Street in my home town. Jim, Joe, Kevin and John. On September 25th we all had the honor of standing up in Pam and John's wedding in Baltimore, Maryland. I've only been working on getting John married for 15 years, so this was a very big deal.

A last minute emergency almost prevented me from attending Pam and John's wedding. I very nearly had to cancel the trip just 12 hours before I was supposed to board the plane to Baltimore. Luckily, I made it to Maryland, made it to the church on time, made it into the last purple bridesmaid dress that I will ever wear, and I had the time of my life.

Therefore, I have a few things to say:

Jeff, Kelly, Amber, and Matt - thank you for being so patient and understanding. I'm so happy that you had beautiful weddings and beautiful weather. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Lynne, Michelle, and Paula - thank you for taking over in a real pinch. Especially Paula and Michelle who gave up an entire weekend to do my crazy job. You handled an amazing amount of craziness, and I could enjoy my vacation knowing the two of you were in control.

Craig and Jeff - thanks for keeping everyone safe and making sure that everything was locked up tight.

Heidi and Mojo - thanks for listening and keeping me sane.

Pam - thanks for not holding John's nerdy friends against him (although I was relieved to find out at your wedding that we certainly aren't his only nerdy friends). Thanks for going through with it anyway after we held you hostage for 1 week on a secluded island with 5 screaming children under 5. Thanks for making my friend so incredibly happy. Mazel tov & welcome to the CSG!

No comments: