Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Calligraphy



script [skript]
-noun
1. the letters or characters used in writing by hand; handwriting, esp. cursive writing.
2. a written manuscript.
-verb
3. to plan or devise; make arrangements for.
Back in the days when I ran my own event consulting business, hand lettering was something that I used to do regularly. That includes one miraculous marathon session of addressing 200 wedding invitations (inner and outer envelope) in under 3 days! For the last 2 wedding seasons, I have only been coordinating events for the Stillwater Public Library, so I hadn't done much calligraphy; just a few birth announcements for friends, and my own Christmas cards. This winter I stumbled into some work personalizing journals for a ranch in Montana, and addressing baby shower invitations for an old boss. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed putting pen to paper. Lettering calms the mind after a busy day (and the extra income supports my shoe-shopping addiction).
I will be accepting "commissions" for hand lettered envelopes and place cards (as my schedule permits) for 2010 and 2011 weddings. Calligraphy for invitations can be as low as $1 per envelope, and can go as high as $5 per envelope depending on the style of script and the type of envelope used. If you are interested in more information about this service, please email me at
















No comments: